How To Manage And Cope With Stress During Covid-19
There are so many unknowns with Covid, that stress, for some people, is almost inevitable, while for others, it is not. We all handle situations differently, not everyone will become stresseThe Covid-19 pandemic is on everyone's mind. It's hard to avoid thinking about it as we wear masks, social distance, sanitize, quarantine and give up events and opportunities in an effort not to contract the coronavirus. And although taking these measures is important to minimize our chances of actually contracting Covid, there are some things that it won't help you avoid...Stress, Fear and Anxiety, so if you are feeling that way do these things listed below and you will get some relief!
There are healthy ways of coping with stress...
When you feel your stress levels and anxiety rising, remember there are things you can do to take back your calm and relieve the tensions.
- It's easy to become obsessed with something you are fearful of, so occasionally turn off the news, social media and stop reading about it.
- Get some type of exercise each day, take a walk, do some yoga or some simple stretches. There are plenty of things you can do that don't require that you go to the gym.
- Take time to meditate, to clear your mind and become totally relaxed. A simple meditation can be to find a nice comfortable, quiet place to sit, simply close your eyes, breathe and focus on something that is only about 6 inches away. Hold your focus, and if stray thoughts begin to creep in, push them out. This meditation only takes about 6 minutes a day, and as you sit there you will feel the stress leaving you. Along with meditation, playing your favorite kind of music can help calm your mind.
- Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. Avoid eating too much sugar, which can lead to binge eating, which can lead to internal stress. It can also lead to adding extra pounds which only adds to the stress you already have.
- Although we are quarantining, we don't need to be totally isolated...we can stay in touch by phone, text, and we can even see each other on Zoom, Skype or other face timing activities.
- Challenge yourself by learning something new or enjoying an already favorite pastime...enjoy yourself!
The benefits of a chiropractic adjustment to manage stress...
Not everyone is aware of how beneficial regular chiropractic adjustments can be in alleviating stress. Research suggests that regular adjustments can improve mental and physical health and reduce stress...these adjustments allow the spine to function properly which can help in these ways:
- Because an adjustment helps relax you, it can promote better sleep.
- Ease pain and muscle tension, which takes stress off your immune system.
- Promote a sense of well-being.
- A well-adjusted spine helps alleviate stress and anxiety.
Because our office is considered an essential provider, we remain open to provide care for our clients.