Regence Chiropractor in Kirkland, Washington
4 Important Reasons Why You Shouldn't Ignore Your Back Pain
Many people think that if they ignore their back pain, it will eventually go away, but that is typically not the case...in fact, just the opposite can happen, it can get worse and cause other painful conditions if left unattended to.
As a Doctor of Chiropractic, I am amazed at the human body, it is a magnificent thing, and was designed to be able to heal itself, although it sometimes could use a little assistance, that doesn't necessarily mean taking pain killers or medicines. My goal is to aid your body in functioning the way it is intended to function by making adjustments that will relieve pressure on your nerves and nervous system which are directly connected to your spine. When there is pressure on your nerves, you will have symptoms such as:
- weakness and/or leg pain
- muscle spasms
- problems with balance
What could be causing your back pain?
- Strained muscles
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Spinal Stenosis
- Facet joint pain
What can happen if you ignore your back pain?
Ignoring back pain can lead to more serious conditions, some that could be irreversible. When your back is in pain, that's often your spine calling out for help. Back pain usually occurs when the nerves have, for whatever reason, become compressed. If they are left that way for a long period of time, complications such as scarring, swelling, and even more pressure building on your nerves, which can lead to serious nerve damage and other conditions:
- As you try to compensate for, and alleviate the pain you're experiencing, you may develop poor posture...your shoulders hunching over and your head being thrust forward, which can lead to:
- more neck and back pain
- cervical arthritis
- respiratory problems
- vertebral bone spurs
- You may experience a herniated or slipped disc, that will negatively impact not only your health, but your lifestyle.
- It can lead to permenant nerve damage that will affect your leg and lower back and can result in problems with bladder control.
- Your lifestyle can be negatively impacted, affecting almost every daily routine both mental and physical.
If you're experiencing chronic back pain, don't wait until it gets out of control and causes other problems...