The Symptoms of Fibromyalgia are Very Real
Because there are so many and varied symptoms experienced with Fibromyalgia, it can be quite difficult to diagnose. Because the person who has been diagnosed with this syndrome often looks perfectly healthy, people around them may wonder if their pain is real.
If you are one of the 3-5% that have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, you know the pain and symptoms are real, you know what you must deal with on a daily basis.
Although it isn’t totally understood what causes Fibromyalgia, the latest research is linking it to trauma of the brain which could include concussions, whiplash and surgical anesthesia.
What we do know
- It is more prevalent in women than men
- It can run in families
- It can be associated with trauma, stress (physical or emotional) and has been linked to PTSD – Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
- Infections and illnesses can not only trigger it, but can also irritate it.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Joints feel swollen or inflamed in spite of the fact that they aren’t
- A feeling of extreme fatigue – you have absolutely no energy
- Sleep is often interrupted by RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome), pain, or sleep apnea
- Gastric and Bowel Problems
- Abdominal Gas
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Memory Problems and Trouble Focusing
- People often complain that their brain feels foggy and they have a hard time concentrating or remembering something new.
- Chronic Headaches
- Chronic Migraine or Tension Headaches are experienced by 50-70% of Fibromyalgia sufferers.
Although many people have been prescribed muscle relaxers and medication to block muscle pain, Fibromyalgia is not a muscle disorder, so obviously these medications will not be able effectively relieve your symptoms.
At the Kirkland Fibromyalgia Institute we are able to help you take your life back with successful treatment that addresses the symptoms you are experiencing.
Click on the buttons to the right to order your free report and to schedule your free consultation.