Cluster HeadachesAugust 29, 2012
Why Do You Have Cluster Headaches?
Many people will tell you that cluster headaches are absolutely the the worst pain they have ever experienced, and according to many women, they are worse than the pain of childbirth.
Nicknamed “suicide headaches”, because of their intensity, they predominantly strike on only one side of your head and affect men more than women.
Signs and Symptoms
- These headache attacks will occur on a regular basis for a week, a month or a year, and then there will be a period free from pain that could last about a month before they begin again.
- The pain is typically located in the temple or behind your eye, and can radiate into your neck.
- The pain feels sharp, steady and burning.
- They can cause tearing and swelling of the eyes, a runny nose or flushing of the face.
- Their pain is so intense it can wake you from sleep.
- It can last between 1/2 hour to 2 hours
Most people who suffer with cluster headaches become depressed at the thought that the headaches will recur.
Causes of cluster headaches
Like other chronic headaches the cause is not always the same or readily understood.
At Lake Washington Chiropractic, we take a different approach to your treatment. We treat you as an individual, not as a diagnosis…we want to know what the cause of your headaches is so we can treat you with a personalized solution.
We examine 3 areas to discover and understand the problems you may be experiencing:
- We do thorough metabolic testing. We test:
- The thyroid and adrenal glands
- Blood sugar
- Food Allergies
- Fatty acid metabolism
- Gut Problems
- We check your cervical spine, looking especially for neck problems which can be a big contributor.
- We check your brain for neurological function problems.
Don’t continue to live with the fear that your next headache is on its way.
Watch this amazing video, and then Click on box to the left to schedule a free consultation.